Piles, commonly known as Hemorrhoids, are referred to as the blood vessels located in the smooth muscles of the walls of the anus and rectum. This medical condition is usually caused by increased pressure within the lower abdomen.
Painful in nature, hemorrhoids become an issue only when they start to swell, causes itching, pain, and bleeding.
Being a common medical condition, there are a lot of myths and facts surrounding piles, that needs to be focused on. A lot of misconception is there regarding piles that should be rectified to stay healthy.
We are here to help you explore both myths and facts;
Myths about hemorrhoids;
1st Myth: Hemorrhoids occurs because of bad sitting posture or if someone is sitting for a long time.
2nd Myth: Bleeding hemorrhoids is inevitable
3rd Myth: Pain in the anus refers to hemorrhoids
4th Myth: Hemorrhoids occur due to non-compliance with hygiene
5th Myth: Piles can turn into cancer
6th Myth: Black pepper can be a cause of hemorrhoids
7th Myth: Only aged people suffer from this medical issue
8th Myth: You can’t do anything to cure hemorrhoids
9th Myth: Sitting on the concrete floor or pavement can cause hemorrhoids
Facts about hemorrhoids
• Hemorrhoids are caused by increased pressure within the lower abdomen
• Piles occur due to heavy weight lifting, constipation and sometimes because of straining when passing a stool
• Both external and internal hemorrhoids are diagnosed by physical exam
• Several treatments are available to treat this medical issue
• Doing exercise every day is one of the finest ways to treat hemorrhoids
• Diet have a big impact in causing and preventing hemorrhoids
• Several surgical procedures are available to treat the condition
• Some piles are treated even without going through any form of treatment
• Individuals of any age group can get affected by this medical problem
Diagnosis of Piles
Piles are usually diagnosed by doctors after carrying out a physical examination. If your symptoms are severe or aren’t getting better, it’s better you consult with a doctor or surgeon. There are many hospitals for piles treatment in Delhi to reach out. Some of the common methodologies to treat the condition are:
•Sclerotherapy: During the process, a liquid is injected into the base of the hemorrhoids. This method causes the piles to shrink.
•Rubber Band Ligation: This procedure involves encircling the base of the piles clump with a tight rubber band. The tissue cut off by the rubber band dies and is finally replaced by an ulcer that heals gradually.
Although majority of patients treat this medical condition with non-surgical techniques. Some cases are complicated and needs to be treated by surgical methods like;
This procedure involves cutting off both the internal and external hemorrhoids. The wounds left are stitched together or left open.
This newer surgical technique is recommended for third-degree hemorrhoids. The surgery doesn’t remove the hemorrhoids but expands the tissue that has allowed the piles to prolapse downward.
The best way to prevent hemorrhoids is to keep your stools soft so that they pass easily and don’t require straining. Eating proper diet and drinking plenty of fluids can help you stay fit, reduce constipation, and lowers the risk of developing hemorrhoids.